General Manager (Part-time)
Helium Arts is seeking a motivated, experienced and highly organised individual to develop the role of General Manager, part-time. A key priority is to design and implement organisational systems to support efficiency and effective growth of Helium Arts, while ensuring governance compliance with the new Charity Regulator’s Governance Code. The new post of General Manager is to support the Artistic Director/CEO and is strategic and developmental within our small team. This is a role which will grow as Helium Arts expands to fulfill its mission.
Terms of employment
Contract: 1 year fixed term, part-time contract with a 3 month probation period.
Hours: Part-time, Sixteen hours a week, with flexibility and scope to increase as organisation develops.
Location: Mullingar, Westmeath
Essential skills and competencies required
- Have proven budgeting, accounts and financial management skills;
- Have a high level of computer literacy particularly an advanced level of Excel and Google Docs;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Ability to manage and deliver projects;
- A proven ability to plan, prioritise and meet deadlines;
- Team Player with a clear understanding of the challenges of working with a distributed team;
- Be self-motivated and demonstrate an ability to work on one’s own initiative;
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation communication skills.
Desirable skills and competences required
- A 3rd level and/or postgraduate qualification, with relevant experience;
- Understanding and/or appreciation of the needs of arts organisations, knowledge of the arts and health or children’s arts sector in Ireland;
- Ability to fulfill added responsibilities as the General Manager role develops and grows.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
Please contact Kim Masterson at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the full job description and application process.
Deadline Thursday April 18th at 5pm.