Kosmic: Helium Arts’ Creative Health Hub Cork Showcase 2019
Helium Arts is delighted to present Kosmic, a showcase of creative work from our Cork Creative Health Hub.
Join us Thursday 24th October, 2019 at the Crawford Art Gallery in Cork city to celebrate the creative achievements of children and teenagers managing long-term health conditions who have taken part in Helium’s creative programme in Cork over the course of 2019.
We are excited to present a variety of unique creative works and experiences created and curated by children and teenagers in collaboration with artist Siobhan Clancy. You will also have the chance to meet the young artists involved who took part in the programme.
Visitors will be treated to:
- An original song co-produced by participants with Eoin Hayes at Rebel Recording Studio
- A “greetings resource” designed especially for clinics at Cork University Hospital
- A pop-up “treat design” stall
- The creations from a pedal-powered paint machine built with artist Rob Ireson
- Plus artworks including, screen-prints, paintings on hand-made paper, poster designs, and more!
Date: Thursday 24th October
Venue: Crawford Art Gallery, Emmet Place, Cork
This is a free event. If you would like to attend RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org
The works of art were created over the course of several different workshops series throughout 2019. Read about all of the fun and creativity participants experienced at the pages below:
Helium’s Creative Health Hubs are supported by the Arts Council and the Social Innovation Fund Ireland. The Cork Hub is supported by Creative Ireland Programme’s National Creativity Fund and the Community Foundation for Ireland and is taking place in partnership with Cork University Hospital’s Arts, Health and Wellbeing Programme. Our venue partners are the Crawford Art Gallery, Mayfield Arts Centre and Bishopstown Library.