DISTANCE CREATES… Home-Based Programme for 9-12 year olds with long-term health conditions
Over the course of this six week programme your child will receive weekly activities that encourage creativity and connect participants with other children across the country who have similar life experiences.
Join artist Ciara Harrison as we look at the weird and the wonderful that surrounds us everyday. We’ll use our homes to envision new worlds, re-create masterpieces by the world’s greatest artists, invent hilarious “house rules” for our families, and pen our own surreal poems. Expect to laugh, learn and connect with others through surprise postal drops and penpal collaborations.
Date and Times:
Saturday 9 May – Saturday 13 June.
A weekly creative activity with step-by-step guides landing in your inbox on Saturday mornings.
PenPal Creative Collaborations
Important Information for Parents:
- The programme is free of charge
- It is facilitated by a trained and experienced artist.
- Everyone taking part will have different health conditions.
- Participants will receive materials and artwork-in-progress by the artist as well as other participants through the post.
- Your home address will be passed to another family to facilitate the PenPal collaborations.
- Online virtual sharings for the family take place on a private and secure platform.
- A moderator will monitor online virtual workshops.
Register for Distance Creates… six week programme with Helium Arts’ Family Liaison, Maria Jervey at email@example.com or phone 086 8389240.