Become part of the Helium Heroes volunteer event team! Our volunteers do amazing work, bringing fun and creativity to the general public at events across the country. Your enthusiasm and energy can make a big difference!
Title: Children’s Creative Workshop Volunteer
Programme: Creative Health Programme – Community Workshops with Children
Location: Cork /North Cork/Galway/ Limerick
Supported by: Helium Artist / Volunteer Coordinator
Time Commitment: 3 hours per 2 hour workshop. Ideally in blocks of three consecutive Saturdays.
About Helium Arts
Helium Arts mission is to empower children living with long-term health conditions through their creativity and the arts, inspiring those who care for them and supporting creative healthy environments, while creating opportunities for artistic ambition and excellence.
Taking place in both the hospital setting and within the community, Helium Arts programmes offer a wide range of creative activities and we are currently looking for volunteers to help us achieve the above mission.
About the Volunteer Role
Working with artists, your role as a volunteer will be to assist them in ensuring that all children have the best possible experience during their time participating in Helium Arts activities. The right volunteer will be friendly, intuitive, proactive and have experience and enjoy working with children.
Volunteers will embody Helium Arts ethos and behave accordingly. The children who participate in Helium Arts workshops are living with long-term health conditions, some of whom may never have participated in mainstream extracurricular activities. As a Helium Volunteer, along with supporting the artist, one of your key responsibilities is to enable the children to have a fully participatory and inclusive experience during their time with us. This could mean anything from helping them use materials, engaging with them one-to-one, encouraging interaction with their peers and most importantly, having fun!
Responsibilities can include but are not limited to
- Assisting the artist in setting up the workshop space
- Always ensuring a safe, secure, and fun environment
- Assisting children to fully participate with activities
- Keeping a vigilant eye on all participants, ensuring everyone is feeling included
- Taking note of comments and feedback from children during the workshop
- Assisting with clean-up, after the workshop
- Chatting with parents before and after the workshop, helping Helium Arts build positive relationships while also reflecting on sharing informing the pre and post activity, of key moments in the child’s time with us
Please apply if you have…
- Experience working with children in any of the following: Arts and Education, Health and Social Care, Youth Work and Disability.
- A strong interest in volunteering and the arts.
- A positive and active sense of team spirit, curiosity and drive.
- Good problem solving abilities.
- Fluent English.
- Ability to have fun!
- Willingness to “roll up sleeves” and help where needed to ensure the project meets its goals, including early arrival to set-up and tidy-up before departure.
Full training will be provided and all volunteers must complete the full induction process including Garda Vetting.
To apply please fill in application form here: https://forms.gle/HoVU82hnrQ9CFGi3A
Any further questions please contact email@example.com
Deadline for Applications is Weds 21st July at 5pm
If you would like to volunteer your time at a Helium event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org