Helium seeks Volunteer Fundraising Assistant
Helium is seeking a volunteer fundraising assistant to work closely with the artistic director in researching and collating information on corporate sponsorship/partnership opportunities to support the company’s programmes.
Flexible. Helium is based in Westmeath but the successful applicant will also work from their own home and the hours required will be 1-2 days per week until April 2012. The start date is negotiable.
The successful applicant will:
• Research potential funders and partners, from all sources and sectors as required;
• Source contact details for key personnel within each of the potential funding organisations;
• Investigate which organisations the sponsors have previously supported and research the companies’ corporate social responsibility policies and priorities;
• Provide reports on findings and database information to the artistic director;
• Represent Helium, acting as an advocate for the company’s mission and values at all times.
BA or comparable degree.
Training and Experience
• Active user of social media
• Some experience of research
• Experience and/or knowledge of the creative industries and the arts
• Fundraising or marketing experience (desirable)
Attitudes and Abilities
• Adept with various IT packages and comfortable working with databases
• Excellent writing skills
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Has initiative
• Works productively without close supervision
• Works well in a team environment
• Supportive of Helium’s values
Helium is an arts and health company, which produces innovative arts experiences for children in healthcare settings. Helium aims to support the Arts and Health field as a creatively charged environment with which artists can engage, where art-forms can be challenged, enriched, and extended to produce ground-breaking work which contributes to the ongoing development of childrenʼs contemporary arts in Ireland. Helium’s office is based near Mullingar, Westmeath but works nationally.
By joining our team, you can enjoy the following benefits:
• Opportunity to work with a dynamic arts and health company for children which is at the forefront of practice in Ireland
• Learn new skills and develop areas of interest
• Experience the rewards of working in the arts for children and young people
1.)Please contact email@example.com to request a full role description
2.)Please send in a statement of expression of interest
3.)Helium will arrange for an informal interview to take place between December 5-9
4.)The successful volunteer will be notified within one week of the interview
Deadline for expressions of interest: Friday, November 25th